The IOLB-8318 is an 8 Point I/O Block with M12 connectors that supports both Digital Input and Digital Output devices.
Part Number: 99657-6
- 4 - M12 connectors
- Input/Output either voltage or current
- Parameterization using IO-Link for easy installation and configuration
- Data Storage capable for easy device replacement
- IODD files
The IOLB-8318 has eight Digital Points, each of which can be operated as an Input or as an Output and is connected to an IO-Link Master. Each Point is configurable in that it can be used either as an Input or Output; the input circuit is internally connected to the output driver, so that a set output is displayed automatically in the input process image.
The outputs handle load currents of up to 0.5A, and although the total current is limited to 4A, they are short-circuit proof and protected against inverse polarity. The state of each signal is indicated with LEDs. The signals are connected via M12 connectors.
The small IOLB-8318 form factor means that it is suitable for use where space is at a premium. The small mass of the IOLB-8318 module facilitates applications with mobile I/O interface, for example, a robot arm.
The robust design of the IOLB-8318 module enables them to be used directly at the machine. Control cabinets and terminal boxes are now no longer required. The module is fully sealed and therefore ideally prepared for wet, dirty or dusty conditions (IP67).
Pre-assembled cables significantly simplify IO-Link and signal wiring. Very few wiring errors are made, so that commissioning is optimized. In addition to pre-assembled IO-Link, power and sensor cables, field- configurable connectors and cables are available for maximum flexibility. Sensors and actuators are connected through the M12 connectors.
- X1 protective cap
- Point labeling tabs
- Communication InterfaceIO-Link
- EnclosureIndustrial housing PA6 (polyamide)
- Ingress Protection RatingIP65, IP66, IP67 (conforms to EN 60529)
- Ports 1 – IO-Link Class B
8 – Digital Inputs or Outputs
- Connector Type (IO-Link)M12, 5-poles, A-coded (Male)
- Connector Type (Digital Input/Output)M12, 5-poles, A-coded (Female)
- Connector ContactsPlated CuZn
- Mounting MethodMachine or panel mount
- Mounting MechanismTwo mounting holes on the product for M3 screws
- LED IndicatorsIO-Link Communication status, Power Input L+, Power Input 2L+, Digital Input / Output Signal status
- Dimensions (L x W x H)126 x 30 x 26.5 mm
5“ x 1.2“ x 1“
- Product Weight160 g
- Shipping Weight180 g
- Operating Voltage18 – 30VDC
- Nominal Voltage24VDC
- Supply for Module ElectronicsL+ (Pin 1, 3 on IO-Link Connector X1)
- Output Driver Supply2L+ (Pin 2, 5 on IO-Link Connector X1) – See Port Class B Wiring
- Electrical IsolationYes (between L+ and 2L+)
- Current Consumption (Module Electronics)100mA from L+
- Operating ModeCOM3 (230.4 Kbps)
- StandardIEC61131-9 (IO-Link v1.1 Class B)
- IO-Link Device ID8318 (decimal)
00 20 7E (hex)
- IO-Link Connector1 x M12, 5-poles, A-coded
- Specification VersionIO-Link V1.1
- IODD FilesYes
- FeaturesData storage
- Process Data Input (PDI)1 Byte
- Process Data Output (PDO)1 Byte
- Process Image 8 Input bits
8 Output bits
- Number of Inputs8
- Input Connectors4 x M12, 5-poles, A-coded (Female)
- Input Filter (Adjustable)3.0 ms (default)
Adjustable between 0 ms and 20 ms
- Input Signal Extension Time (Adjustable)0 ms (default),
Adjustable between 0 ms and 100 ms
- "0" Signal Voltage-3 to +5V (EN 61131-2, Type 3)
- "1" Signal Voltage+11 to +30V (EN 61131-2, Type 3)
- Input CurrentTypically 3mA (EN 61131-2, Type 3)
- Sensor SupplyUS1 (derived from L+)
- Number Of Outputs8
- Output Connectors4 x M12, 5-poles, A-coded (Female)
- Output Load TypeOhmic, inductive, lamp load
- Rated Output Load Voltage24VDC (-15%/+20%)
- Load Output Currentmax. 0.5A each channel
- Short Circuit Currentmax. 1.5A
- Output Driver Current Consumptiontypically 20mA
- Output Driver Supply2L+
- Operating temperature-25°C to +60°C
- Storage temperature-40°C to +85°C
- Operating humidity10% to 95%
- Storage humidity10% to 95%
- Shock and VibrationsEN 60068-2-6
- EmissionsEN 61000-6-4
International Standard IEC 61000-6-4
- Immunity EN61000-6-2
International Standard IEC 61000-6-2
- Safety ApprovalsUL508
- OtherIP65, IP66, IP67 (conforms to EN 60529)
2011/65/EU (RoHS2) Directive
- ApprovalsCE, UL, RoHS2
- IOLB-8318 with Port Class A IO-Link MasterIP67: Requires a Y-splitter to supply Ua power to the device
IP20: Wire pins 1, 3, and 4 to the Class A IO-Link Master and wire pins 2,5 to Ua power source
- IOLB-8318 with Port Class B IO-Link MasterIP67: Connect a M12 cable to both the device and the IO-Link Master.
- Ua Power SourceShall be supplied from a power supply isolated from Us and may or may not be switched through a safety circuit.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1.800.926.6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Call +1.330.486.0001, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 1-year limited warranty on the IOLB-8318. View Warranty
|IODD Files and Documentation|