RocketPort® Plus uPCI 422 Quad DB9
The RocketPort® Plus uPCI 422 Quad DB9 serial card is discontinued and has been replaced with the RocketPort ® INFINITY Quad DB9M (30005-2). This product page is being maintained for product and support information.
The RocketPort Plus uPCI 4-Port serial card with DB9M fanout cable, supports RS-422 communications, at speeds up to 921Kbps
Part Number: 99401-5
- RoHS 2 compliant under CE
- Universal PCI design supporting 3.3 and 5.0 Volt PCI bus architectures – ensures compatibility with all current PCI bus architectures
- I/O mapping capabilities – simplifies installation, eliminates memory conflicts, and enables plug-and-play compatibility
- Multiport serial expansion using a single slot – maximizes host expansion capabilities; adds additional COM ports using only one slot
- On-board dedicated 44MHz RISC processor – minimizes "host" CPU utilization
- RS-422 communications support – enables transmit-and-receive speeds up to 921 Kbps
- Fan-out cable – provides cost-effective, compact, and flexible serial connections
- Transmit buffer 16 times larger, and receive buffers 64 times larger than a 16550 UART – helps ensure smooth, efficient data transfer
- Robust driver support – enables card to work seamlessly with popular operating systems
The Comtrol RocketPort Plus uPCI 422 Quad/DB9 serial port expansion card provides four "native" serial ports utilizing a single PCI card slot and is compatible with all current 3.3 and 5.0 Volt PCI bus architectures. The DB9 serial ports support RS-422 serial communications at speeds up to 921 Kbps.
Every RocketPort serial card features the high-performance RocketPort ASIC chip, consisting of a dedicated 44MHz processor that minimizes host CPU utilization and larger transmit-and-receive buffers than those of 16550 UART chips used in standard PC serial ports and low-end serial cards. RocketPort ASIC technology enables these cards to outperform other serial expansion cards by handling the transmission of large amounts of data more reliably and efficiently.
Additionally, RocketPort products do not require the assignment of interrupts, simplifying installation and eliminating conflicts with other server cards. The product is fully compliant with the RoHS 2 directive under CE.
- RocketPort Plus uPCI 422 Quad DB9 Device
- DB9M Quad Cable
- Loopback Plug
- Maximum Cards/System 4
- Bus Interface Specification PCI PCI-X COMPATIBLE
- Board Dimensions 6.3" x 4.0"
16 x 10.16 cm
- Product Weight 17.7 oz
- +5VDC 230 mA
- Power Consumption (maximum) 1.1 W
- ESD Surge Protection Provides minimum of 25KV for a duration of 10ns @ 400A.
- System On 0 to 60° C
- System Off -20 to 85° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing) 5% to 95%
- Altitude 0 to 10,000 Feet
- Heat Output 4.0 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) 37.1 Years
- Connector Type DB9M
- Supported Interfaces RS-422
Baud Rate 300 bps to 921.6 kbps
- Receive Buffer 1024 bytes
- Transmit Buffer 256 bytes
Device Driver Data Control
- Data Bits 7 or 8
- Parity odd, even, or none
- Stop Bits 1 or 2
- Flow Control Hardware or Software
- Manufacturer's Warranty 5 Years
- Packaged Shipping Weight 1.96 lbs
- Package Dimensions 16.25" x 3.25" x 9.5"
41.28 x 8.23 x 24.13 cm
- UPC Code 7-56727-99401-5
- Microsoft® Windows® 7
- Microsoft® Windows® 2008 Server
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2003
- Microsoft® Windows® XP
- Microsoft® Windows NT® 4.0 (Legacy)
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000 (Legacy)
- FreeBSD® 5
- FreeBSD® 6
- QNX® 6.X
Canadian EMC requirements
European Standard EN55022
Class B limit
European Standard EN55024: 1998
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: Fast Transient
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: Surge
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: Conducted Disturbance
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: Magnetic Field
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: Dips and Voltage Variations
CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950 Third Edition
Other Regulatory Approvals
Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
|RocketPort® Plus uPCI 422 Quad DB9 User Guide||Contains detailed installation procedures and configuration information.|
Part Number 99401-5
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail email@example.com
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum .
Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all RocketPort Plus Universal PCI 422 family products! View Warranty