Theft Deterrent Solutions (TDS)
Automated Access Control with No Physical Barriers
After the system is armed, it automatically recognizes authorized employees and allows employees to move freely without being distracted or restricted by standard access control systems, like proximity card readers or turnstiles.
The TDS alarm system utilizes dry contact output signals to initiate multiple actions:
- Event-driven camera recording and communications, such as initiating and recording video in high definition or providing a live stream video to any device
- Trigger an enunciator or audible alarm
- Connect to alarm panel
Areas of deployment:
- Store rooms
- Retail cash wrap counters
- In-store pharmacies
- Jewelry counters
- Warehouses Computer server rooms
TDS works wherever you would like to generate an alarm when an unauthorized person enters a high-value or prohibited area. If an unauthorized person or object breaches the protected space at any time, the system can be configured to initiate a pre-theft alarm or notify an employee with an audible alarm. TDS works wherever you would like to generate an alarm when an unauthorized person enters a high-value or prohibited area. If an unauthorized person or object breaches the protected space at any time, the system can be configured to initiate a pre-theft alarm or notify an employee with an audible alarm.
Protect high-value goods from shrinkage by identifying unauthorized personnel and customers before they attempt to remove the product. If an employee is occupied with a customer or other task, Comtrol Corporation’s loss prevention solution provides protection over the areas out of the employee’s sight or unattended by the employee.
This solution detects:
- The presence of an authorized employee, who is equipped with an active RFID tag that authorizes access into the restricted area.
- When an employee leaves the area, the system arms itself by creating a highly-configurable eye-safe infrared (IR) horizontal apron and/or vertical curtain, protecting your assets.
- Upon re-entry into the protected area by the employee, the system deactivates.
- If an unauthorized person or employee breaches the protected space, the movement immediately triggers a pre-theft alarm. This may prevent full execution of the theft, a true loss prevention solution.
Covering Both Your Assets and Your Employees
Protect employees by automatically triggering monitoring systems as soon as suspicious activity is detected in a restricted zone.
An employee can be put at risk during a robbery or attempting to prevent theft. Comtrol Corporation’s TDS system protects your personnel by ensuring the most rapid deployment of authorities when connected to your alarm panel. Once your central monitoring company receives the alarm signal, they can dispatch authorities without requiring physical action by the employee in crisis.