EtherNet/IP™ Connectivity to Serial and Ethernet TCP/IP Devices
The DeviceMaster UP provides highly flexible EtherNet/IP™ connectivity to serial and Ethernet TCP/IP devices
While simultaneously supporting up to 128 EtherNet/IP™ connections, the DeviceMaster UP provides connectivity to both serial and Ethernet TCP/IP raw/ASCII devices and provides detailed diagnostic capabilities not found in other gateways. Whether you need to connect your Allen Bradley PLC to a barcode scanner, weigh scale, vision system, or RFID reader, the DeviceMaster UP will provide the solution.
The DeviceMaster UP configures in just minutes, either directly from the PLC or remotely via embedded web pages. The included PortVision DX remote management and configuration software makes it a simple task to detect and manage every DeviceMaster UP on the network, facilitating firmware updates, troubleshooting, and remote administration.
Supported PLC Models:
Allen Bradley ControlLogix, CompactLogix, FlexLogix, SoftLogix, SLC 5/05, PLC-5, and MicroLogix Models
- Connectivity – Ethernet/IP to serial and Ethernet TCP/IP raw/ASCII devices
- Low-latency updates of received packets to PLC memory. Typically less than 10 ms
- Connectivity to high-speed devices. Supports message rates as high as 50 updates per second when receive mode is configured to Write-to-Tag/File.
- Large received packet support – up to 1518 bytes serial and 2048 bytes Ethernet TCP/IP
- Received packet size control – truncate or drop oversized packets
- Message Throttling – ensuresPLC can process each received data packet
- Intelligent packet identification – start and end of transmission character detection/appending
- Three methods of receive communication to the PLC – Write-to-Tag/File, Write-to-Tag/File-Synced, and Polling
- Vendor Specific CIP objects – configuration, data transfer, and statistics