The DeviceMaster UP brings plant floor device visibility by enabling communication between factory floor devices and PLC controllers. Only the DeviceMaster UP Industrial Ethernet gateway offers a solution that configures in minutes via the web, allowing you to support major Industrial Ethernet protocols - EtherNet/IP™, PROFINET IO, or Modbus/TCP – on a single platform. Whichever protocol you need, the DeviceMaster UP provides an RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 software-selectable serial connection to an Industrial Ethernet network.
The DeviceMaster UP provides the following communication modes:
- EtherNet/IP™ to Serial or Ethernet TCP/IP
- PROFINET IO to Serial or Ethernet TCP/IP
- Modbus/TCP to Serial or Ethernet TCP/IP
- Modbus/TCP to Modbus/RTU
- Modbus/TCP to raw serial data
- Modbus/RTU Device (Auto Locate and Auto Route)
- TCP/IP Socket Communication
The easy-to-use configuration and Industrial Ethernet protocol options makes upgrades for plant floor global visibility faster and more economical than ever before. The DeviceMaster UP enables managers to leverage legacy devices and boost ROI, while reducing PLC programming and maintenance costs with simplified PLC interfaces.
Simultaneously connect both serial and Ethernet devices to PLCs and/or applications with DualConnectPlus™ technology. String, RFID, and barcode data filtering eliminates redundant data while extracting the RFID and barcode parameters.
- DIN-rail mounting and screw terminal connections
- Wide operating temperature ranges (-37º C to 74º C)
- Surge protection for serial ports
- Variable power input
- Support for EtherNet/IP™, PROFINET I/O, Modbus/TCP, and TCP/IP(sockets)
- Two serial ports with secure screw terminal connectors
- DualConnectPlus™ technology
- SSL & SSH management, SSL serial data stream encryption
- Bus Interface Specification 10/100BASE-T
- SDRAM 8 MB
- Flash 4 MB
- Enclosure UL94-V0 PLASTIC
- Installation Method DIN Rail (35mm)
- LED Indicators ETHERNET ACTIVITY, ETHERNET LINK, and STATUS
- Dimensions 4.37" x 3.9" x .89"
- Product Weight 4.6 oz
- DC Input Voltage 5-30V
- Current Consumption +24VDC 60 mA
- Power Consumption (max) 1.5 W
- ESD Surge Protection Minimum 25KV for all serial lines. All ethernet components are rated to 1.5KV magnetic surge protection.
- System On -37° C to 74° C
- System Off -40° C to 85° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing) 5% to 95%
- Altitude 0 to 10000 Feet
- Heat Output 5.0 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) 58.57 Years
- Connector TypeScrew Terminal Blocks
- Number of Ports2
- Software Selectable Interfaces RS-232
RS-485 Half Duplex
RS-485 Full Duplex
Baud Rate 300 bps to 230.4 Kbps
- Receive Buffer 1024bytes
- Transmit Buffer 256bytes
Device Driver Data Control
- Data Bits 7 or 8
- Parity odd, even, or none
- Stop Bits 1 or 2
- Flow Control Hardware, Software, or None
- Network Protocols ARP, BOOTP, DHCP, HTTP, ICMP, Ping, RARP, RFC 1006 (ISO over TCP), RFC 2217, SNMP (MIB-II), TCP/IP, Telnet, TFTP, and UDP socket services
- Connector Type RJ45F Auto MDI/MDI-X
- Number of Ports 1
- Packaged Shipping Weight 0.91 lbs
- Package Dimensions 9.25" x 2.5" x 7.25"
- UPC Code 7-56727-99531-9
- Country of Origin USA
- ECCN 5A991
- Schedule B Number 8471.80.1000
FCC PART 15 SUBPART B
CLASS A LIMIT
AS/NZS CISPR 22
European Standard EN55022
Canadian EMC Requirements
European Standard EN55024
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: FAST TRANSIENT
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: SURGE
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: CONDUCTED DISTURBANCE
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: MAGNETIC FIELD
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: DIPS AND VOLTAGE VARIATIONS
CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950 Third Edition
Other Regulatory Approvals
European Standard: RoHS 2 Compliant under CE
NEMA TS2 COMPLIANT
Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
|DeviceMaster ® UP 2-Port 1E User Guide||Contains detailed installation procedures and configuration information.|
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail email@example.com
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum at http://forum.comtrol.com/.
Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all DeviceMaster UP family products! Extended Warranty Available.