The DeviceMaster UP 1-Port VDC Modbus supports the following communication modes:
- Modbus TCP/RTU/ASCII to raw/ASCII Serial or raw/ASCII Ethernet
- Modbus/TCP to Modbus RTU/ASCII
- Modbus RTU/ASCII (Auto Locate and Auto Route)
- Raw/ASCII Data Stream and Command/Response Modes
- Remote Modbus TCP/RTU/ASCII
The easy-to-use configuration and Modbus/TCP protocol makes upgrades for plant floor global visibility faster and more economical than ever before. The DeviceMaster UP enables managers to leverage legacy devices and boost ROI, while reducing PLC programming and maintenance costs with simplified PLC interfaces.
The DeviceMaster UP Industrial Ethernet gateway offers a solution that configures in minutes via the web and enables you to support the Modbus/TCP protocol for serial device to PLC connections. RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 software-selectable serial connections are supported via secure DB9 connectors.
DualConnectPlus™ technology provides the ability to simultaneously connect both serial and Ethernet devices to PLCs and/or applications. String, RFID, and barcode data filtering eliminates redundant data while extracting the RFID and barcode parameters.
The DeviceMaster UP is a cost-effective and proven Industrial Ethernet connectivity solution and is backed by Comtrol with live technical support and over 25 years of experience in network enabling devices.
- Serial to Modbus/TCP
- Wide operating temperature ranges (-37° to 74°C)
- Variable power input eliminates need for power converters
- PortVision® DX monitoring and management software
- RoHS 2 compliant under CE
- DualConnectPlus™ Technology
- DeviceMaster UP 1-Port VDC Modbus
- Power supply
- Power Cord, Euro Power Cord
- Loopback plug
- DIN rail adapters (2)
- Power terminal connector
- DB25M-DB9F Adapter
- Serial Connectors (1) DB9 Male
- Ethernet Ports (1) 10/100 BaseT
- Processor ARM7 44Mhz
- RAM 8MB
- Flash 4MB
- Mounting Options Panel/Rack
- LED Indicators Status, Ethernet Link/Activity, Collision, 100MB Ethernet, RX/TX per Port
- Housing Rugged Steel Construction
- Device Requirements 5 to 30 VDC
- Device Consumption 2.5 Watts
External Power Supply (Included)
- Input 90 to 260 VAC @ 47-63Hz
- Output 500mA @ 24 VDC
- Surge Protection 15KV
- Operating Temperature -37° to 74° C
- Storage Temperature -40° to 85° C
- System On 20% to 80%
- System Off 8% to 80%
- Altitude 0 to 10000 Feet
- Heat Output 8.5 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) 46.2 Years
- Software Selectable RS-232/422/485
Baud Rate 50 bps to 230 Kbps
- Data Bits 7 or 8
- Parity odd, even, or none
- Stop Bits 1 or 2
- Communication Modes Modbus/TCP to Serial or Ethernet TCP/IP
Modbus/TCP to Modbus/RTU
Modbus/TCP to raw serial data
Modbus/RTU Device (Auto Locate and Auto Route)
- Network Protocols Telnet, HTTP, SNMP, DHCP, ARP, BOOTP, Ping
- Easy setup
- Software selectable serial port interface
- PortVision remote management software
- PLC based or webbased serial port configuration
- Watchdog reset
- Packaged Shipping Weight 1.66lbs
- Package Dimensions 15.25" x 3" x 9.25"
387.4 x 76.2 x 235 mm
- UPC Code 7-56727-99501-2
- Country of Origin USA
- ECCN 5A992
- Schedule B Number 8471.80.1000
Regulatory Approval Marks
CE Mark, FCC Part 15 Subpart B Class A, CTick, CUL, ODVA Certified, PIC Certified, RoHS Certified
EN55022 & A1:2000 IEC 100032
CSA C22.2 No. 50/UL60950
- Other Regulatory Approvals European Standard: RoHS 2 Compliant under CE
Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
|DeviceMaster ® UP 1-Port VDC Modbus User Guide||Contains detailed installation procedures and configuration information.|
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail email@example.com
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum at http://forum.comtrol.com/.
Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all DeviceMaster products! Extended Warranty Available.